German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships for Africans 2023
Applications now open for the 2023 German Bundestag IPS Exchange Program! Graduates from Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda are invited to apply. This program offers a unique opportunity to study in Germany and engage with the German Parliament. Don’t miss out on this valuable experience—apply today!
The German Bundestag IPS Exchange Program offers a scholarship for young graduates interested in learning about the German parliamentary system and promoting democratic values in their home countries. The program provides a four-week intensive experience where postgraduate participants gain firsthand knowledge of the German parliamentary system and decision-making processes. It’s a unique opportunity to deepen understanding and actively contribute to democracy.
The German Bundestag, established in 1949, is the lower house of the German Parliament. It represents the Federal Republic of Germany and plays a vital role in shaping German democracy. The Bundestag enacts laws, oversees the government, and represents the interests of the German people. It has adapted to changing political landscapes, including the reunification of Germany in 1990 and the relocation of the capital to Berlin in 1999. Today, the Bundestag remains a central institution in German politics, symbolizing democracy and parliamentary representation in the country.
SEE ALSO: West Africa Tech Challenge 2024
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Host Institution(s): German Bundestag
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Coverage of health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Accommodation arrangements.
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirements and eligibility criteria for German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships for Africans 2023:
- Be a citizen of one of the three participating African countries.
- Be under the age of 30 at the beginning of the scholarship.
- Hold a good university degree.
- Possess a strong proficiency in German.
- Demonstrate an interest in politics and display social/political commitment.
Application Procedure for German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships for Africans 2023 (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships for Africans 2023, are required to follow these steps:
- Fill out the application form, which can be found at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch.
- Attach a passport photo to the first page of the application form.
- Scan and include the following documents in German:
- Proof of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement explaining the reasons for applying (maximum two pages).
- Copy of passport or ID card.
- Certified copy of university degree certificate.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the program (from a university professor or employer).
- Compile all the scanned documents into a single PDF file.
- Rename the PDF file using the applicant’s surname followed by the given name (e.g., surname-first name).
- Submit the completed application by sending the PDF file as an email attachment to the German mission in the applicant’s home country.
- Remember, the application materials should be in German, and all required documents must be scanned and included in the email as a single PDF file.
Application Deadline: 15 July 2023
For more information visit the official website