Graduate Scholarship 2024/2025 at University of Toronto Ontario
The University of Toronto, through its School of Graduate Studies, is currently welcoming applications from outstanding and eligible students for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship. This opportunity is open for international students interested in enrolling in a degree program for the 2024-2025 academic session at the University.
The Master and Ph.D. scholarship program at U of T is a collaboration between the Province of Ontario and the University of Toronto. The Province provides OGS awards to universities, determining the number of awards each can offer to their students every year.
The University of Toronto, established in 1827 as King’s College, has a storied history. Renamed in 1850, it grew steadily, creating a unique federated structure with colleges like University College and Victoria University. Known for groundbreaking research, it has produced notable alumni and made significant contributions to various fields. The university’s cultural impact and global recognition underscore its position as a leading institution in education and innovation.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 per session
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Graduate Scholarship 2024/2025 at University of Toronto Ontario:
- International students studying or planning to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible.
- Valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline.
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline set by each graduate unit.
- Registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Must not have exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or the maximum OGS/QEII support available for their current level of study.
- Achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent).
- For students with two years or more of graduate studies, an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all completed graduate courses is required.
Application Procedure for Graduate Scholarship 2024/2025 at University of Toronto Ontario (How to apply);
Application Process for OGS Awards:
- Interested applicants must submit an OGS application to their intended graduate unit through the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application.
- Each graduate unit will have its internal submission deadline, and applicants must adhere to it.
- Before applying, carefully review the OGS Application Instructions for guidance.
- Once the entire application is completed and submitted online, it will be accessible to the proposed graduate unit for thorough review and consideration.
Application Deadline: 1st June
For more information visit the official website