Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024 for Developing Countries
Applications are currently being accepted for Window 1 of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarships 2024. The program offers financial support to individuals from developing countries, enabling them to pursue postgraduate studies in fields related to development. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact, this scholarship is your gateway to academic excellence.
Unlock your potential with the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) for the year 2024! This unique opportunity supports individuals from developing countries pursuing masters studies in critical areas like economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. Join a diverse community of scholars across the globe and be part of the change.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government/ World Bank
Host Institution(s): Institutions in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the beginning and end of the scholarship period, with a $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Tuition coverage for the graduate program.
- Basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- Monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses on campus (accommodations, food, etc.), the amount varies by host country.
Number of Awards: Fully-funded
Study Level: Master’s Degree
Nationality: Developing countries.
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024 for Developing Countries:
- Citizenship: Citizen of a World Bank member developing country without dual citizenship in a developed country.
- Education: Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent acquired at least 3 years before the application deadline.
- Experience: Possess 3 years or more of recent development-related experience post-Bachelor’s degree.
- Health: Must be in good health.
- Admission: Have received unconditional admission to enroll in the upcoming academic year in a JJ/WBGSP Preferred or Partner Master’s Degree Program.
Application Procedure for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024 for Developing Countries (How to apply);
To apply for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries:
Complete the 2024 JJ/WBGSP in a participating program for Window 1 before the deadline.
For those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Preferred Program Scholarship, concurrently apply for admission to one or more of the Preferred Program(s) and submit a scholarship application.
Application Deadline: 29 February 2024
For more information visit the official website