Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 at McGill University
Applications are now open for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, designed to offer comprehensive educational support to promising young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Scholars Program aims to empower bright young postgraduate leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa by providing them with access to top-tier university education, along with robust support structures to ensure their academic success.
McGill University, located in Montreal, Canada, was founded in 1821. It is named after James McGill, a prominent merchant in the city. McGill is one of Canada’s oldest and most prestigious universities, renowned for its research and contributions to various fields. It began as a college and received its royal charter from King George IV in 1829, becoming McGill University. Over the years, it has grown into a leading educational institution known for its commitment to academic excellence and innovation. McGill has produced notable alumni who have made significant contributions to various fields, making it a globally recognized university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): McGill University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Fee waiver
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 at McGill University:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University.
- Have never registered for/completed any graduate studies.
- Be a citizen of, and reside in, a Sub-Saharan African Country (see list of eligible countries).
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student (requiring a Study Permit). Note: Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU are not eligible.
Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and community.
- Intend to return to your country immediately upon completing your degree to transform your community through social and economic development.
- Be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Application Procedure for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 at McGill University (How to apply);
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission to an eligible program at the University.
- After applying for admission, submit an online application for the Mastercard Scholarship.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2023
For more information visit the official website