Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge 2024
Attention African students seeking a fully funded scholarship to study in the United Kingdom for the 2023/2024 academic year! Look no further – the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge is now open for applications.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge aims to support gifted students from disadvantaged backgrounds in Africa. This program offers full funding for their Master’s degree, fostering their development as impactful leaders and enabling them to contribute to Africa’s climate resilience and sustainability.
The University of Cambridge, founded in 1209, is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities. It has a rich history, known for its collegiate system and contributions to science, including Sir Isaac Newton’s work. In the 19th century, it underwent reforms, expanding its curriculum. Throughout the 20th century, it maintained a strong reputation for research and scholarship, producing Nobel laureates and influential figures. Today, Cambridge is globally recognized for academic excellence and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of Cambridge, UK.
- Covers the cost of travel and visas.
- Accommodation and meals.
- Allowance for a laptop.
- health cover
- A living stipend.
- Tuition costs
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge 2024:
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Demonstrate that you come from an economically marginalized or disadvantaged background.
- Be ordinarily residing in an African country, unless you can prove temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return or unless you have been displaced.
- Be applying for a one-year Master’s course at the University of Cambridge.
- Prospective Scholars can apply across a wide range of disciplines
Application Procedure for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge 2024 (How to apply);
If you want to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge, here’s what you need to do:
- Apply for admission to an eligible program at the University of Cambridge before the application deadline.
- During the application process on the University’s graduate application portal, you’ll be asked to choose the funding bodies you’re interested in. One of the options will be the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
- If you select the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, you’ll need to submit a mandatory personal statement as part of your application.
- Ensure you complete your application by the specified deadline to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
Application Deadline: 5 December 2023
For more information visit the official website