Study in Japan: 2022 Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation
Suitably qualified international students who are looking to pursue a master’s or PhD degree programme in Japan are invited to submit application for the 2022 Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation worth up to ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation is open to international students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for master’s PhD degree. Applicants who desire the Master’s scholarship or PhD scholarship can submit their application from abroad as long as they are accepted to Japanese graduate school. The scholarship is worth up to ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation
Host Institution(s): Japanese graduate schools
Scholarship Worth: Worth up to ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years, ¥180,000 per month for 3 years and ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Number of Award: 5
Eligibility for the 2022 Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation:
- Applicants must not be a citizen of Japan.
- Applicants must be enrolled as of April 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from April 2022 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible hence they are going to be enrolled in April 2023.
- Applicants who can submit a research plan can apply for the scholarship program.
- Applicants must start the PhD course by the age of 35. Student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30.
- Applicants must be able to assure the committee that he/she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- Applicants must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- Applicants must have good understanding of Japanese language. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
Method of Application for the 2022 Honjo International Masters Scholarship Foundation:
Interested applicants are required to submit their application via the “online application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents. Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of applicant’s application form will be created. Kindly save the PDF file as it will be needed when the result is announced.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.