Work-Study Program 2023 at University of Manitoba in Canada
The University of Manitoba in Canada is welcoming applications for its Work-Study Program. This program is designed for students who need financial support while they’re studying at the university. If you’re eligible and need assistance, this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Work-Study program at the University provides part-time jobs on campus for both undergraduate and postgraduate students who need financial help. If you join, you can work right at the university and gain important experience and skills that match your studies.
The University of Manitoba, established in 1877, is Canada’s first university in Western Canada. It has evolved over the years, adding faculties like agriculture, engineering, medicine, and law. In the mid-20th century, it expanded, focusing on research and diversification. The university’s commitment to Indigenous education and research partnerships remained strong. It continues to adapt to changing needs while fostering academic excellence, research, and community engagement.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Work-Study Program 2023 at University of Manitoba in Canada:
- Have proof of a 2023-2024 government student aid package worth at least $2,000.
- Alternatively, provide evidence of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding.
- If there’s a delay in receiving your funding, contact Work-Study to discuss your situation.
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Manitoba for both Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 terms.
- Maintain a minimum 60% course load (equivalent to 9 credit hours per term for undergraduates).
- Hold a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in the previous academic session (except for new UM students).
- Reside in Manitoba throughout the Work-Study employment term.
Application Procedure for Work-Study Program 2023 at University of Manitoba in Canada (How to apply);
If you’re interested in the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, here’s how to apply:
- Step 1: Complete the Work-Study intake process.
- Step 2: Attend a group orientation session.
- Step 3: Apply for Work-Study Positions.
Remember, every year, all students need to reapply for the Work-Study program due to financial aid requirements.
- Register or log in to your UMConnect account.
- On the left side, go to “Work-Study” and then “Work-Study Program Application.”
- Fill out and submit the form for pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting, click “Accept” on the right under “Action required by you” to view and apply for job postings.
- Attach documents that prove your eligibility, like your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship, or disability funding.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023
For more information visit the official website