World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024
The World Bank Group Africa Region is now accepting applications for the 2024 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program. This opportunity is open to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa who are either currently enrolled in a PhD program or have recently graduated with a PhD.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program is designed for promising and young Africans who are in the process of finishing or have recently achieved their PhD in a field relevant to the World Bank’s work. This initiative provides selected fellows with a valuable opportunity to engage in a six-month practical assignment at World Bank group offices in Washington D.C or in country offices, allowing them to gain real-world experience.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Host Institution(s): World Bank Group offices
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postdoctoral and Doctoral Candidates
Fellowship Duration: 6 months
Requirements and eligibility criteria for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024:
- Recent PhD graduate (within three years of completion)
- Enrolled in the last year of the PhD program
- Excellent command of English (both written and verbal)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Age under 32 by the closing of the application period
- Strong academic and leadership potentials demonstrated in academic credentials
- Short-term consultant position for six months starting January 2024
- Selected candidates will be notified and hired upon acceptance
Benefits for Fellows:
- Consultant fees
- Round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C, or a WBG country office from their university or institution
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
Application Procedure for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024 (How to apply);
Applicants are required to visit the official application website and complete the online application process. It is important to ensure that all the necessary supporting documents are attached as per the guidelines. Accuracy is paramount, and applicants must provide correct information during the application procedure.
Application Deadline: 25 August, 2023
For more information visit the official website