2022/2023 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship for Need-Based African Female Students
Outstanding female students from Africa who are in need of financial aid to pursue their undergraduate degree programme in any reputable University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa are hereby, invited to submit application for the 2022/2023 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship which offers up to $500 to perfect their academic pursuit.
The WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female students from Africa who are admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa. The Foundation awards annual Undergraduate scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
The WAAW Foundation STEM is an annual award that is aimed at empowering African Women to become impactful leaders to benefit Africa through experiential STEM Education, Leadership and Entrepreneurship Training. To increase the pipeline of African women entering into Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa. 100% of WAAW beneficiaries will become impactful leaders, change agents and technology innovators and an African girl will create or lead a global technology company.
Eligibility for the 2022/2023 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship for Need-Based African Female Students:
- Applicants must be female students from Africa or living and studying in Africa.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
- Applicants must be studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Applicants must demonstrable financial need.
- Applicants must have excellent Academic Record.
- Applicants involve in leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Applicants must not be more than 32 years of age.
- Applicants must be students in their first and second year of study. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course are eligible to apply.
Eligible field of study:
A. All fields of Engineering
B. All computer science
C. Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
D. Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
E. Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Method of Application for the 2022/2023 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship for Need-Based African Female Students:
Interested applicants are required to apply by providing the following information below:
- Fill out the application form completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date?
- Two academic/professional references.
Shortlisted applicants are to provide the following information below:
- 2 references, one must be written by a professor from applicants institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by their referee to the Foundation.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from applicant’s University is to be emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to the Foundation.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2022.