2023/2024 Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Africans
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue a degree program in Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Social Sciences, Agronomic Sciences, DUT Agroecology at Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) are invited to submit application for the 2023/2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program worth a monthly allowance of 60,000 FCFA and other exciting benefits.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in partnership with the University is offering scholarship opportunities to high potential graduates, including girls, people with disabilities, and displaced persons or refugees who wish to pursue careers in digital, agricultural, health, or engineering fields. The programme also looks to providing recipients with training in non-technical fields and provide them with a comprehensive package of support services to transform them into committed leaders who will have the knowledge and expertise to support the industrial and socio-economic development of Senegal and Africa at large.
Gaston Berger University is known as the second oldest university in Senegal, renamed in December 4, 1996. The University is composed of four teaching and research colleges with lots of students who are studying one degree program or another as result of the various scholarship opportunities like the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program made available on yearly basis.
Eligibility for the 2023/2024 Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Africans:
- Applicants must be from a disadvantaged background family, a person with a disability or a refugee/foreigner and be able to prove it.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Applicants must not be a recipient of any other scholarship programme in any capacity.
- Applicants must have good academic record.
Benefits of the 2023/2024 Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Africans:
- Monthly allowance of 60,000 FCFA
- Health insurance to cover medical and hospitalization costs
- Tuition and training fees
- Registration feee
- School supplies such as a laptop and a sum of 300,000 FCFA per year for the purchase of teaching materials
- A monthly subsidy of 25,000 FCFA for transport fares
- Travel documents for travel between applicants home country and Senegal
Method of Application for the 2023/2024 Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Africans:
Interested Senegalese baccalaureate holders are required to fill in the online application form while Senegalese and foreign baccalaureate holders are required to download and print the application form which should be sent to Scholarships Department, 52 rue Saint-Michel (ex Dr. Thèze), 1st floor, opposite Immeuble La Rotonde – Dakar – SENEGAL, at the mail office of the Rectorate of Gaston Berger University in Saint-Louis or at the UGB branch in Dakar, Sacré-Coeur Pyrotechnie, lot 138.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.