Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2023 at University of California
Attention to all qualified candidates from Sub-Saharan African countries! The Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program for 2024 is now open for applications. This program is designed to provide support for African students pursuing postgraduate studies at UC Berkeley in the USA. Don’t miss this opportunity!
The Center for African Studies, in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is embarking on a ten-year initiative. This initiative aims to assist 108 master’s degree students from Sub-Saharan African countries who possess strong academic abilities and are dedicated to driving positive and transformative change within Africa.
The University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley), founded in 1868, is a renowned public research university known for its academic excellence and significant contributions to various fields. It has a history of social activism, including the 1960s Free Speech Movement, and has been a leader in scientific research, producing Nobel laureates and distinguished alumni. UC Berkeley continues to excel in diverse areas and is committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity on its campus.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Center for African Studies and Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of California, Berkeley.
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2023 at University of California:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. North African country citizens are not eligible. Dual citizenship, asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU is also not eligible.
- Academic Excellence: Prospective Scholars must be admitted to a UC Berkeley master’s degree program, showcasing academic excellence.
- Leadership Potential: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to transformative leadership, engaging others ethically to drive positive and lasting change.
- Socio-Economic Disadvantage: This scholarship targets exceptionally talented individuals who lack access to quality higher education due to socio-economic disadvantages.
- Commitment to Community: Applicants should show a commitment to giving back to their community, country, or continent. Engaging in extracurricular activities and addressing social, economic, or political issues is encouraged.
- Intention to Return: Applicants must express a strong desire and intention to return to their home country after completing their studies at UC Berkeley. They should be passionate about addressing issues affecting their communities.
Application Procedure for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2023 at University of California (How to apply);
If you’re interested in the Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program for 2024, here are the steps:
- Start by applying to a graduate program at Berkeley that you’re interested in.
- Once you’ve applied and been admitted to an eligible program at Berkeley, you can then apply for the UC Berkeley Mastercard Foundation program. Make sure to follow this two-step process to be considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the Program
For more information visit the official website