2023 Fung Global Fellows Program at Princeton University
The 2023 Fung Global Fellows Program at Princeton University is now accepting applications from individuals eager to embark on a research adventure. Don’t miss this opportunity!
We’re inviting applications from scholars who can help us better understand the lasting impact of colonialism. Your research can focus on any part of the world, whether in the past or present, and you can come from any background in the humanities and social sciences. We aim to bring together an outstanding group of international scholars to explore the enduring effects of colonialism, going beyond the usual view of colony versus metropole. We want to know how we can grasp these effects and whether there are solutions that can benefit us all in the future.
Princeton University, founded in 1746 as the College of New Jersey, is one of America’s oldest and most prestigious universities. It moved to Princeton in 1756 and became non-denominational. It played a role in the American Revolution and introduced educational innovations. As a member of the Ivy League, it is renowned for academic excellence. Notable alumni and faculty include U.S. Presidents and Nobel laureates. Princeton became coeducational in 1969. Today, it offers a wide range of academic disciplines, maintains a commitment to research, and is involved in social and environmental initiatives.
Fellowships Sponsor(s): Princeton University
Host Institution(s): Princeton University
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the 2023 Fung Global Fellows Program at Princeton University:
- Qualification: Must have obtained a Ph.D. or equivalent generally after September 1, 2014.
- Academic Position: Early-career applicants must hold a faculty appointment, a professional research appointment, or be established independent scholars outside the United States at the time of application. They are expected to return to their positions after the fellowship.
- Scholarly Achievement: Fellowships are awarded to candidates with demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievements and exceptional intellectual potential, particularly at the early stages of their careers.
- Research Projects: Evaluation is based on the strength and relevance of the candidate’s research projects to the program’s theme.
- Previous Work: Consideration is given to the candidate’s prior scholarly work.
- Contribution: The candidate’s ability to contribute to the intellectual exchange and life of the program.
- International Experience: Work experience outside the United States is a positive factor.
- Diversity: The selection committee seeks a diverse cohort of fellows with varied analytical approaches, disciplinary backgrounds, and regional focuses.
- Equal Opportunity: All qualified applicants will be considered without discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Application Procedure for 2023 Fung Global Fellows Program at Princeton University (How to apply);
For those interested in applying, please follow these steps and submit the following items in English by November 15, 2023 (11:59 p.m. ET):
- Application Submission: Apply via this link: Application Link
- Cover Letter: Prepare a cover letter (maximum 1.5 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae: Include your CV, including a list of publications.
- Research Proposal: Provide a research proposal (maximum 3 pages, single-spaced).
- Writing Sample: Include one writing sample, which can be an article or a book chapter (maximum 50 pages).
- Employer’s Letter: If you hold a faculty or professional research appointment, include an official letter from your current employer confirming your ability to accept the offer and spend the academic year at Princeton University. If you are an independent scholar, include a note confirming your status.
- Referees: Provide the names and email addresses of three referees. They will be contacted automatically by the online application system to upload their letters of recommendation. Ensure that all reference letters are submitted before the November 15, 2023, deadline.
- Please note that the application deadline is November 15, 2023.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023
For more information visit the official website