Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at Kings College London 2024/25
King’s College London, in collaboration with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, is currently accepting applications for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries. If you meet the criteria, consider applying for this opportunity.
UK Government’s Commonwealth PhD Scholarships are available for candidates from the least developed countries and fragile States within the Commonwealth, as classified by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC). These scholarships support full-time doctoral studies at King’s College London for PhD students. If you fit the criteria, consider applying for this opportunity.
King’s College London, established in 1829, is one of the UK’s oldest universities. Initially founded to provide a broader education, it later incorporated medical schools and teaching hospitals. A significant merger in 1985, including institutions like Queen Elizabeth College, expanded its academic scope. King’s has since become a global research university with a diverse range of campuses. Notable alumni include Mahatma Gandhi and Virginia Woolf. The university is renowned for its contributions to health and medical research, social sciences, and humanities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Host Institution(s): King’s College London, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Bangladesh, Cameroon, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Zambia
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at King’s College London 2024/25:
- Citizenship: Must be a citizen or have refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Residency: Should be a permanent resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
Academic Start: Must be available to commence academic studies in the UK by September 2024.
- Educational Background: By September 2024, possess a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard, or a second-class degree (2:2) with a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- PhD/MPhil Status: Should not be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2024.
- Financial Need: Must be unable to afford UK study without this scholarship.
Supporting Documentation: Provide all required supporting documentation in the specified format.
Application Procedure for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at King’s College London 2024/25 (How to apply);
To apply for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at King’s College London, interested candidates should complete and submit the online application form before the specified deadline. Nominations by agencies to the CSC are expected by December 2023. Applicants will be notified of the outcome around July 2024 via email, so it’s crucial to regularly check email folders, including junk and spam, as failure to respond promptly may result in withdrawal of the scholarship offer.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information visit the official website