EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy
Suitably qualified African students from ECOWAS member states who are looking to pursue a master’s degree in sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa are invited to submit application for the EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme which aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sector.
The EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme makes available Master’s scholarship programmes in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa like, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector. The scholarship programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals who are English, French and Portuguese speaking in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in West Africa.
Eligibility for the EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy:
- Applicants must be nationals of an ECOWAS member state or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania.
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division).
- Applicants must have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of their chosen university.
- Applicants must have relevant work experience in the energy sector in West Africa.
- Applicants must hold at least a provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval.
- Applicants can either be working or non-working. Working applicants are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Applicants must be commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme.
- Applicants must be commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Method of Application for the EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy:
Interested applicants are required to provide the following documents below for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022.