Fellowships for Foreign Applicants 2023 at University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo is offering the Todai Fellowship Program for international students who wish to pursue doctoral research at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) in Japan. This fellowship provides a valuable opportunity for students to further their academic and research pursuits at one of Japan’s leading universities.
The Todai Fellowship is a financial support program for international students enrolling in PhD courses at The University of Tokyo. It is available to applicants who apply for the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) entrance examination. The fellowship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 200,000 for a period of three years. It’s important to note that fellowship recipients should not apply for tuition exemption.
The University of Tokyo, established in 1877, is a prestigious public research university in Tokyo, Japan. It is known for its academic excellence and has a rich history of contributing to various fields. The university offers a wide range of programs and is committed to fostering innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and critical thinking. With its renowned faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, the University of Tokyo continues to attract talented students and make significant contributions to society through education, research, and innovation.
Fellowships Sponsor(s): GSFS/UTokyo
Host Institution(s): University of Tokyo
Fellowships Worth: JPY 200,000/month
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Fellowships for Foreign Applicants 2023 at University of Tokyo:
- Apply for admission to a doctoral course at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student.”
- Not apply for or plan to apply for fellowships or scholarships offered by private organizations.
Application Procedure for Fellowships for Foreign Applicants 2023 at the University of Tokyo (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for Fellowships for Foreign Applicants 2023 at the University of Tokyo, you need to complete an online application and submit the following documents as per the 2023 application guidelines:
- Todai Fellowship Application Form
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor, preferably from your master’s program supervisor
- Research Plan outlining your proposed research objectives
- List of past achievements highlighting your academic and research accomplishments
- Transcript of your graduate school and undergraduate school records
- Copies of any papers you have presented during your studies or research.
- Please refer to the detailed application procedure provided in the 2023 guidelines for more information on how to submit these documents.
Application Deadline: June 14 and November 20, 2023
For more information visit the official website