Helmut Veith Stipend Awards 2023 at TU Wien in Austria
Every year, the Helmut Veith Stipend Awards are granted to female students who have an inclination toward computer science and are either currently enrolled or planning to enroll in one of the English-taught Computer Science programs offered by TU Wien in Austria for the summer semester of 2023.
For the 2023/2024 academic session, TU Wien is offering a Master’s scholarship to eligible female international students, which will provide them with a waiver of all tuition fees at the university and an annual stipend of EUR 6000 for a maximum of two years. This scholarship presents a great opportunity for qualified female students to finance their master’s studies in Austria.
TU Wien (Technische Universität Wien) is the oldest and largest technical university in Austria. It was founded in 1815 as the “Imperial-Royal Polytechnic Institute” by Emperor Francis I. At that time, the institute was located in the former St. Marx military barracks in Vienna’s 3rd district. The first courses offered were in the fields of chemistry, mechanics, and architecture. In the following years, the curriculum expanded, and the institute became known for its cutting-edge research and education in engineering, science, and technology. In 1865, the institute was renamed the “Technical College of Vienna,” and in 1872, it moved to its current location in Karlsplatz. In 1975, the Technical College of Vienna was officially renamed the “Vienna University of Technology,” reflecting its status as a leading research and educational institution in Austria and Europe. Today, TU Wien has over 30,000 students and offers degree programs in engineering, natural sciences, computer science, and architecture. The university is known for its research in fields such as nanotechnology, renewable energy, and information technology, and has collaborations with universities and research institutions around the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Helmut Veith Stipend Awards
Host Institution(s): TU Wien in Austria
Scholarship Worth: EUR 6000
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Helmut Veith Stipend Awards 2023 at TU Wien in Austria:
To be eligible for Helmut Veith Stipend Awards 2023 at TU Wien in Austria, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the above master’s programs in computer science at the university that are taught in English.
- Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Applicants must be Female Students.
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Logic and Computation
- Business Informatics
- Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Data Science
- Media and Human-Centered Computing
Application Procedure for Helmut Veith Stipend Awards 2023 at TU Wien in Austria (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for Helmut Veith Stipend Awards 2023 at TU Wien in Austria, are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of faculty the student would be interested to work during their master’s thesis and why
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor’s degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
Applicants must submit their application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application” as one PDF file titled “document.pdf”. If any of the documents are not in German or English, you must include a certified translation.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2023
For more information visit the official website