Hong Kong PhD Fellowships for International Students 2024
The Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme 2024/2025 is now open for applications. Students from around the world are welcome to apply for this fully funded opportunity to pursue their Ph.D. studies in Hong Kong for the upcoming academic session.
The Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) was founded in 2009 by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. Its purpose is to attract the most outstanding and talented students globally, encouraging them to undertake their Ph.D. studies at universities in Hong Kong.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$331,200 (approximately US$42,460) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,800 (approximately US$1,760) per year for each awardee for a period of up to three years.
- 300 Ph.D. Fellowships will be awarded in the 2024/25 academic year (Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the Ph.D. degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: First degree
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowships for International Students 2024:
- International Status: Candidates should be international students aspiring to study in Hong Kong, regardless of their country of origin.
- Prior Work Experience and Ethnic Background: Applicants with relevant prior work experience and diverse ethnic backgrounds are eligible to apply.
- Demonstrated Qualities: Candidates should showcase exceptional qualities in academic performance, research potential, communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
Selection Process Factors:
- Academic Excellence
- Research Ability and Potential
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Abilities
- While academic excellence remains a primary consideration, the Selection Panels will evaluate candidates based on these outlined factors.
Application Procedure for Hong Kong PhD Fellowships for International Students 2024 (How to apply);
Applicants who are interested and meet the criteria should apply directly to any of the universities mentioned above that are part of the program. Details about the application process for the fellowship scheme will be furnished by the respective universities.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
For more information visit the official website