Lutheran World Federation Scholarships 2022 for Developing Countries
The Lutheran World Federation is inviting suitably qualified students from all developing countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean who are willing to pursue studies and training related to theological, diaconal and development work to apply for its 2022 scholarship.
Through the Lutheran World Federation scholarships program, it works alongside its member churches in developing their capacity to serve effectively in their contexts. The Bachelors scholarship, Masters scholarship and Post-doctoral scholarship program helps churches to acquire qualified personnel for spiritual care and diaconal work. The main eligibility for a candidates approval is the church’s corresponding need to increase its human and institutional capacity, either in areas of theology or diaconal/development.
Eligibility for the Lutheran World Federation Scholarships 2022 for Developing Countries:
- Only applicants from active members of Lutheran World Federation member churches are considered. All applications must be endorsed and submitted by the church as individual applications will not be considered.
- Only applicants from developing countries are eligible for scholarships in fields of diaconal/development. The theological scholarships are, in principle, open to applicants from all countries.
- Only applicants up to a certain age are eligible for Lutheran World Federation scholarships, depending on the pursued degree: Bachelor degrees 35 years, Master degrees 40 years and Post-doctoral/research 50 years. Age limits may be exceeded by up to 7 years for female applicants and up to 5 years for male applicants.
- Applicants who are church employees at the time of application.
- Applicants who are actively engaged in the church’s theological or diaconal work at the time of application.
- Relatively higher consideration is made for female candidates due to social and cultural factors which cause them to pursue studies later.
- Applicants must be from developing countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Benefits of the Lutheran World Federation Scholarships 2022 for Developing Countries:
Total of 50 to 70 scholarships will be awarded for studies in diaconal and development and 20 to 25 for theological studies.
Duration of the Lutheran World Federation Scholarships 2022 for Developing Countries:
- Applicants are approved for at least one year of support to take up or complete their proposed study program. For applicants who have already started with their study program, this means that the study program has to last for at least one and half years at the time of application, hence one year at the time of approval.
- Applicants are approved for a short-term training which may last up to 6 months. This may include training courses, workshops, exchange programs or research projects which respond to the needs of the applying church. Application forms and selection criteria are the same as for regular scholarships.
Method of Application for the Lutheran World Federation Scholarships 2022 for Developing Countries:
Interested applicants are required to apply via the online application system. Applications can only be submitted through LWF member churches. Interested applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship should contact their church office.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022.