World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2023 for Young Professionals
The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) is as a result of the merge between the World Bank and IFC who no longer have their respective Young Professionals Programs. The program now employs on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP targets to develop future leaders to come together effectively across their institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
As a result of the above mentioned challenges, young Professionals are employed from all over the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. Qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds are advised to apply. The programme is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. The World Bank is looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across their institutions.
Eligibility for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2023 for Young Professionals:
- Applicants must be born on or after October 1, 1990.
- Applicants must have a master’s or doctoral degree.
- Applicants must specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas.
- Applicants must demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Applicants must have good understanding of English language.
- Applicants must complete a relevant master’s degree by September 2022 or PhD before September 2023. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
- Applicants must complete a relevant graduate degree by September 2023. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration or its equivalent, Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Applicants must display a commitment and passion for international development.
- Applicants must possess outstanding academic records.
- Applicants must exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends.
Employment Contract for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2023 for Young Professionals:
- Selected applicants are offered five-year term contracts, the terms and conditions of which vary by institution.
- Selected applicants will be provided with further detail during the offer stage, in line with the most current policies of their respective hiring institution.
Method of Application for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2023 for Young Professionals:
Selected applicants should be willing to relocate to field-based assignments, especially those supporting client countries experiencing Fragility, Conflict and Violence (FCV) and other challenging environments.
Applicants should also provide the following below:
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
- Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.
Kindly note that recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.