Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town
The University of Cape Town (UCT) has teamed up with the Mastercard Foundation to extend an invitation for eligible applicants to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program 2023/2024 academic session at the top-notch university in South Africa. If you are a qualified African student, this program presents an excellent opportunity for you to further your academic pursuits at a reputable institution while enjoying the benefits of this prestigious scholarship.
This scholarship is specifically designed for accomplished African students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. This program is designed to offer high-quality university education to academically gifted individuals hailing from economically deprived communities in Africa. It aims to bridge the gap between underprivileged students and access to quality education by providing them with the necessary resources and opportunities to excel in their studies.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) was founded in 1829 as the South African College, making it the oldest higher education institution in South Africa. It became a university in 1918 and played a key role in the anti-apartheid movement, with many of its students and faculty members actively involved in the struggle. Today, UCT is a leading research university on the African continent, with a strong focus on social justice and environmental sustainability.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town in South Africa
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid, and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town:
- It must be Africans willing to enroll in undergraduate or postgraduate studies at the University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, and using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Application Procedure for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at the University of Cape Town (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at the University of Cape Town is to apply online before the deadline.
Application Deadline: March to July.
For more information visit the official website