MINDS Scholarship Programme 2023 in Leadership Development for African Students
Great news! The application for the MINDS Scholarship Programme 2023 in Leadership Development for African students is now open. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated and talented African students who are passionate about developing their leadership skills and contributing to the growth and development of the continent. Don’t miss out on this chance to further your education and become a leader in your field. Apply now!
In 2017, the MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development in Africa was launched with great success, marking a significant milestone in our pursuit of cultivating a new generation of visionary leaders with a pan-African development mindset. This initiative aims to foster greater collaboration and partnership between African nations by equipping young leaders with the skills and knowledge they need to drive progress across the continent. By nurturing a culture of leadership excellence and cross-border cooperation, we are building a stronger, more united Africa that can face the challenges of the future with confidence and optimism.
The Scholarship Programme provides a unique opportunity for African students to venture beyond their home countries and experience the diversity and richness of other African nations. This initiative aims to increase access to education and foster the exchange of ideas while creating a network of ambitious leaders who can drive progress across the continent. By promoting a more open and integrated African economy, we can expect to see accelerated growth, positive outcomes, and benefits for all communities. Through education and collaboration, we can work towards a brighter future for Africa.
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) was established in 2010 as a continental institution that focuses on leadership development, dialogue, and advocacy for socio-economic development in Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MINDS Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
Number of Awards: Not Specific
Study Level: Not specified
Nationality: African Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for MINDS Scholarship Programme 2023 in Leadership Development for African Students:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
Applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- SOUTHERN AFRICA
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Application Procedure for MINDS Scholarship Programme 2023 in Leadership Development for African Students (How to apply);
An interested applicant who wants to apply for MINDS Scholarship Programme 2023 in Leadership Development for African Students, should apply online and submit the following documents below:
All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree to which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
Application Deadline: Not specific
For more information visit the official website