PhD Research Position (Faculty Of Law And Criminology) 2023 at Ghent University
Ghent University‘s Faculty of Law and Criminology invites applications for a Ph.D. Research Position. The position involves investigating the rights of individuals regarding the use of health data for research purposes, specifically in secondary applications. The research will consider the applicable regulatory frameworks to ensure compliance and protect individual rights.
The Ph.D. student will focus on studying individual rights related to the use of health data for research, particularly in secondary applications. The research will analyze relevant regulations, such as the GDPR, Data Governance Act, and European Health Data Space, within the EU context. The goal is to enhance individuals’ rights during data processing for research purposes. The study will employ a theoretical framework that emphasizes transparency, fairness, and lawfulness in handling health data. The Ph.D. researcher will be part of the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University and will also join the interdisciplinary Metamedica Platform. For more information about the Metamedica Platform, please visit the official portal.
Ghent University, located in Ghent, Belgium, has a rich history dating back to 1817. It was established by King William I of the Netherlands as one of the first Dutch-speaking universities in the country. Over the years, Ghent University has grown into a prestigious institution known for its quality education, research, and innovation. Today, it is ranked among the top universities in Europe and offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines. With a commitment to excellence and a focus on societal impact, Ghent University continues to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and the development of future leaders.
Job Sponsor(s): The Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University
Host Institution(s): Ghent University, Belgium
Job Worth: 100% occupancy rate
Number of Awards: Five
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students from African Countries
Requirements and eligibility criteria for PhD Research Position (Faculty Of Law And Criminology) 2023 at Ghent University:
- Must have a master’s degree in Law or a relevant discipline.
- Must have a passion for research and strong analytical skills.
- Must be willing to familiarise themselves with interdisciplinary methodologies in health privacy research and follow the literature in bioethics, health and data protection law, and health informatics.
- Must have an impressive track record (study results, publications, and/or awards)
- Applicants must be able to work independently and take initiative, yet you are also a team player.
- Applicants must have high organizational skills, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Applicants must have existing educational, research, or professional background in EU data protection law and/or health law.
Application Procedure for PhD Research Position (Faculty Of Law And Criminology) 2023 at Ghent University (How to apply);
Interested applicant who wants to apply for PhD Research Position (Faculty Of Law And Criminology) 2023 at Ghent University, must Submit the following documents by email to Prof. Mahsa Shabani (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Motivation letter
- A writing sample (publication, research essay, master thesis, …)
- Copy of diploma
- All required documents should be merged into 1 single pdf file
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023.
For more information visit the official website