Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students 2024 at Québec University in Canada
We’re currently accepting applications from exceptional candidates for the Québec Government Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students. This scholarship aims to promote international research collaboration within Quebec’s higher education institutions.
The FRQNT runs the program, and it’s funded by the Quebec Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEES). This scholarship is for Master’s, and Postdoctoral students who value the educational opportunities it offers.
Université Laval, founded in 1663, is Quebec’s oldest university and one of the oldest in North America. Initially established as a seminary, it evolved over time to become a secular institution with a wide range of academic disciplines. The university has been instrumental in preserving the French language and culture in Quebec and has excelled in research and innovation in the modern era, particularly in fields like natural sciences and medicine.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Québec Government, Canada
Host Institution(s): Québec University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters, Doctoral & Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students 2024 at Québec University in Canada:
- Open to non-Canadian citizens and non-permanent residents of Canada.
- Applicants should not have applied for permanent residence in Canada.
- Scholarships are available for foreign students or researchers in various research sectors.
- Eligible for doctoral merit program scholarships in the first nine semesters of doctoral studies.
- Postdoctoral scholarships are for researchers who received their PhD no more than two years before the competition deadline or submitted their doctoral dissertation by January 15, 2024.
SEE ALSO: Scholar Program 2023 at Emory University
Application Procedure for Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students 2024 at Québec University in Canada (How to apply);
- Once you’re preselected, create an account in the FRQnet system.
- The FRQNT will contact all preselected candidates to complete an electronic form.
- Attach the required documents to this form and submit it electronically by the competition deadline set by the Fonds.
- You can fill out the form in either French or English, but if you choose English, provide a French title for your project.
- Make sure to follow the Presentation Standards for Attached Files in the FRQnet electronic Portfolio when preparing your attached files.
- Remember, you can’t update your files after the application deadline.
- Ensure that all required documents are included, and if they are not in French or English, provide a basic translation. Illegible or low-resolution documents may be rejected.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
For more information visit the official website