2023 DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants for International Students
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue a bi-national doctoral degree at their home university and at a university in Germany are called to submit application for the 2023 DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants which offers so many benefits and opportunities.
The DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants comes in two options which are:
- Doctorate with bi-national supervision where applicants doctoral project is supervised by a university teacher both at their home university and at the host institute in Germany (so-called “sandwich model”). Applicants project must be agreed with both supervisors according to the following procedure:Applicants start their doctoral degree in their home country.
This is followed by research trips to Germany.
Applicants complete their doctorate in their home country and are also supervised by the German academic adviser.
Applicant’s home university awards the doctoral degree.
- Doctorate following the “Cotutelle” procedure where funding is provided for doctoral projects that are carried out at the home university and at a university in Germany according to the so-called Cotutelle model. This is based on an individual cooperation agreement which is concluded individually for their doctoral project by the participating universities. After successfully completion of applicants doctorate, the German university and their home university award the doctoral degree jointly.
DAAD also known as the German Academic Exchange Service is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany. The organization was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation. The organization itself does not offer programs of study, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any accredited German institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants
Host Institution(s): Any accredited German institution
- Monthly payments for doctoral candidates during the stay in Germany: 1,200 euros.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowances for up to three outward and return journeys unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source.
- A research allowance
- Travel and accommodation expenses according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Law for applicants supervising university teachers for one trip of up to 10 days to Germany to monitor progress and to applicants home university to take part in final examinations.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study level: MBA
Nationality: African Countries
Eligibility for the 2023 DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants for International Students:
- Applicants for the bi-national supervision based on the “sandwich model” can apply if they have earned a Master’s degree or Diploma (or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree) latest at the start of the funding period.
- Applicants for ”Cotutelle model” can apply if they have been admitted to a doctoral programme at the latest at the start of the funding period.
Method of Application for the 2023 DAAD Bi-nationally Supervised Research Grants for International Students:
Interested applicants are required to click the link below to apply.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022.