2023 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work
Commonwealth is pleased to make open the nominations for the 2023 Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work, which recognizes exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The awards, held annually in March to celebrate the amazing contributions young people between the ages of 15 to 29 years are making towards solving global issues, improving lives and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Objectives of the 2023 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work:
- Highlight the contributions young people are making to development work in the Commonwealth, particularly through the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Create an environment which will encourage and sustain investments in youth-led development.
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment and creativity that exists among young people across the Commonwealth.
- Motivate, encourage and challenge young people to set high standards for their work/service at community, national, regional or international levels.
Eligibility for the 2023 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work:
- Applicants must be a Commonwealth citizen.
- Applicants must be between the age of 15 to 29 years.
- Applicants must have been involved in development work for a minimum of 12 months as a professional or volunteer.
- Applicants must show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work which contributes to at least one of the 17 SDGs.
- Applicants must be the founder or co-founder of a social enterprise.
Note that the Awards will be decided based on the following below:
- Level of impact
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem solving
- Quality of achievement
- Quality of the evidence provided
Prizes for the 2023 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work:
- 20 Regional Finalists will each receive a grant worth about £1,000, a trophy and a certificate.
- 5 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- Pan-Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- Selected winner of the QCT prizes will receive two years of flexible funding at £20,000 a year, as well as coaching opportunities and organisational development support.
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022.