2023/2024 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for study in Hong Kong
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme was founded by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009 and ever since, the Fellowship aims at attract the best and brightest students from all over the world who desire to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. The Fellowship is funded with so many benefits like an annual stipend worth about $41,690.
The Fellowship Scheme is an Asia PhD scholarship program that provides an annual stipend of about HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690), a conference and research-related travel allowance of about HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
Eligibility for the 2023/2024 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for study in Hong Kong:
- Applicants should show outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- Applicants who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight universities below, regardless of their country of origin, before work experience and ethnic background, are eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Fellowship Award for the 2023/2024 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for study in Hong Kong:
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of about HK$325,200 which is approximately US$41,690 and a conference and research-related travel allowance of about HK$13,600 which is approximately US$1,740 per year for each awardee for a period of three years.
- 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2023/24 academic year.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
Selection Criteria for the 2023/2024 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for study in Hong Kong:
The Selection Panels will take into consideration the following factors below:
- Academic excellence
- Research ability and potential
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022.